A honeymoon should be an experience tour and not just a sightseeing tour.
Switzerland is so beautiful that it can not be explored in weeks or months. But practically speaking you need to have at least 7 nights to explore main regions and peaks of Switzerland. Please note Swiss pass is available with a validity of 4 days, 8 days and 15 days. Difference between 4 days pass and 8 days pass is not much approx [Rs 10000 per person]. If you wish to utilise 8 days pass to the fullest then you need to stay 7 nights in Switzerland.
In 7 nights and 8 days, you can explore
- Central Swiss towns such as Interlaken, Grindelwald, Murren and Mountain peaks such as Mount Jungfrau and Mt Schilthorn.
- Cities like Lucerne, the capital city of Bern and Zurich. Mount Pilatus and Mount Titlis are other peak excursions that we recommend.
- French Speaking area of Switzerland such as Geneva, Montreux, Vevey, Lausanne, Gruyere and Broc also can be explored including Scenic train ride of Golden pass express train.
- If you enjoy a fast pace itinerary then you can also have a day trip to Zermatt and Mount Matterhorn. Or you can just relax and soak the beautiful nature of the Swiss mountains. You can keep one day for adventure sports or bicycle trails or walking trails.
- If you have more days then we shall suggest visiting Italian speaking area of Switzerland such as Lugano, Lake Como and Ticino. The beauty of this region is totally different than the rugged mountains of central Switzerland. You can experience scenic train ride of Bernina express in this region.
- Eastern Swiss is a region which borders Austria. St Moritz and Chur are the main attractions to visit. Glacier Express Scenic train runs through this region.
- If you have less time then minimum stay should be at least for 4 nights wherein the main focus should be on the central Alps such as Interlaken and surrounding mountains including cities like Lucerne and Bern.
What countries can be clubbed with Switzerland?
- Swiss with Paris and Nice - This is the most popular itinerary with Indian couples. Paris can be reached by fastest TGV train either from Basel or Geneva. Nice can be reached from Geneva either by train via Lyon or direct cheaper flights. You can further extend your trip to Amsterdam if you are visiting during April and May so that you can experience Tulip gardens in Keukenhof. You can also add French Riviera of Nice, Monaco and Monte Carlo.
- Swiss with Italy is another popular itinerary. Here, you can experience alpine beauty with Mediterranean coastline of Sorrento and Amalfi coast. Here you can experience Switzerland with Venice and the to Florence to explore Tuscan wine-growing area of rolling hills. Rome which is also known for its history art and monuments.
- Swiss with Germany is the third combination that we recommend which covers Black forest area and cities like Munich Berlin and Cologne.
- Swiss with Austria - both these countries are Alpine countries and undoubtedly beautiful. This option should be considered if you are looking for the epitome of Alpine beauty of Swiss Alps, Austrian Alps and Bavarian Alps.
- Swiss with Greece or Swiss with Croatia are also trending nowadays especially in summer months. One can explore party life in Mykonos or Dubrovnik which have Mediterranean character.
There are many other combinations possible wherein we can combine Swiss with countries of your choice or depending upon flight connectivities.